Date: 3rd December 2015 at 10:32am
Written by:

Rangers’ Scottish Championship season continued with a win at Ibrox against Dumbarton on Tuesday.

A four-nil win over Dumbarton in the Championship, as the Gers’ game in hand was won, saw the lead extended to three-points over Hibernian once more with the already superior goal-difference also improved!

Dumbarton Highlights – Click Here.

Experience went with Dumbarton and they started well enough with Gallagher claiming a penalty under a challenge from Kiernan as his skill worked a way into the area but this wasn’t given.

Rangers were finding it difficult to break down Dumbarton but when McKay did put Wallace in his volley turned away by Brown with the ‘keeper then keeping out a Clark header from a Tavernier cross.

The Gers then had a penalty appeal turned away when Ball went down but again the referee wasn’t having none of it in a goalless first half.

Drama off the field held up the second half getting underway with the overhead roof having a problem in the Sandy Jardine stand so the fans had to be evacuated and moved to the Broomloan Road stand and then we were off!

No problems for Rangers though as it took little time to make a breakthrough after the break as Holt collected a pass from Tavernier having then broke into the area Holt (47) finished himself from close range.

Waghorn went close to a second but his curling effort went just over before Waghorn (60) did add to his productive debut season with the club to make it two on the hour as he finished into the top corner.

Three, four and five could have easily come with Tavernier putting a header against the bar with Thompson, having come off the bench, going close as he volleyed wide before the third finally did come from another sub Oduwa (81) as the Spurs loanee converted a Wallace cross in the final 10-minutes.

Ball And Co React To Dumbarton Win – Click Here.

When Wallace was brought down in the box with a couple of minutes to play not only did it see Rangers get a penalty it also meant Saunders was dismissed for a second yellow card. Halliday (88) took this and banged in the fourth!